Building Bridges to Success: Safer Foundation’s 22nd CARRE Policy Conference
Safer Foundation is thrilled to invite you to the 22nd annual CARRE Conference, themed “Building Bridges to Success.” This conference is dedicated to addressing the diverse challenges faced by individuals pre-and post-incarceration.
The conference theme, “Building Bridges to Success,” emphasizes the importance of collaboration and innovation in reshaping the narrative around reentry. Attendees can expect to gain valuable insights into best practices, emerging trends, and innovative solutions in the field of reentry. The goal is to emphasize that reentry should begin at the moment an individual encounters any aspect of the legal system, not just during incarceration.
The conference aims to create solutions that proactively prevent individuals from facing the challenges of incarceration. The event emphasizes the need for partnerships across government agencies, non-profits, businesses, educational institutions, and community stakeholders, fostering a more supportive and inclusive environment for individuals interfacing with the legal system.
Participants can expect to leave the conference with practical knowledge, enhancing networks, gaining new perspectives, and acquiring actionable strategies applicable in their respective roles and organizations. Through collaboration and innovation, the conference aims to empower attendees to redefine reentry and positively impact the lives of those affected by the legal system.
- Date: February 8th
- Time: 9:00 am to 3:30 PM
- Venue: Malcolm X College, 1900 W. Jackson Blvd, Chicago
- Keynote Speaker: Mario Treto, Jr.: Secretary of the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation
- Marlon Chamberlain: Executive Director of the Illinois Coalition to End Permanent Punishment
- Richard Wallace: Founder and Director of Equity and Transformation – EAT
- Avalon Betts-Gaston: Director, Illinois Alliance for Reentry and Justice
- Abbie Holland Schmit: Director of the Justice Involved Program (JIV), Safer Foundation
- Greg Sanchez: U.S. Navy Veteran, Veterans Restorative Justice Project, University of Chicago
- Benjamin Ruddell: Director of Criminal Justice Policy, ACLU – Illinois
- Redefining Reentry and Justice
- Honoring Service, Restoring Lives: Innovation and Collaboration in Reentry for Justice-Involved Veterans
- Unveiling the Secret Sauce: Redefining Process and Cultivating Collaborative Partnerships to Create Innovative Policies
Continued Education Units:
Safer Foundation will be sponsoring free Continuing Education Units (4 CEUs) for the following licensed fields:
- Illinois Registered Social Worker CE Sponsor License No. 159.001553
- Illinois Psychologist CE Sponsor License No. 268.000130
- Illinois Marriage and Family Therapy CE Sponsor License No. 168.000257
The CARRE Policy Conference would not be possible without the support of our sponsors: Nicor Gas Let’s Roam and the rest of our sponsors. We encourage readers to participate in the event and share their thoughts on reentry issues.
To register for the CARRE Policy Conference, view the agenda and learn more about the speakers, visit saferfoundation.org/carre2024. We also encourage readers to share the blog and conference details with their networks to amplify the impact of this crucial event in redefining reentry. Together, let’s build bridges to success and create a more supportive and inclusive environment for individuals seeking to rebuild their lives.